We’ve installed a high spec. versatile Epson projector. It’s suspended from the ceiling in the middle of the room.
Its key features are:
- Ultra-bright image: you can use it with the room lighting on
- HD and widescreen image (16:9)
- Easy wireless operation – using the Epson iProjection app (a free download for laptop PCs, tablets and smartphones) and Wi-Fi.
- Easy wired operation – with automatic input selection (using HDMI or VGA + audio jack wall sockets)
The projector projects onto a large pull-down screen. If your presentation or video has audio clips or a soundtrack, they’ll be played using the loudspeakers on either side of the screen – see Sound System below.
We’ve installed a versatile stereo PA amplifier, together with wall-mounted speakers. The amplifier has a number of inputs you can select, including:
- A permanent connection from the projector, for presentations and video recording sound
- A Bluetooth connection: for audio from laptop PCs, tablets and smartphones
- Memory card/memory stick sockets – for digital audio tracks (MP3)
- Microphone connectors – for ‘old school’ wired microphones
August 2021: We’ll be producing some easy-to-use instructions shortly. We’ll also be learning from how people use the projector and sound system and so may make some changes and improvements, particularly to the room wiring.
For now, if you’re interested in using the new facilities, please contact Ian Read, our Chairman. Ian will be pleased to advise you and/or demonstrate the equipment.
(When you’re using the room, we’ll supply you with a key to open the amplifier cabinet, which will also have the remote controls, instructions, etc. inside.)
You can contact Ian via our Contact Form – select the Message For/Re: ’Technical Advice’ option. If you want to talk, please make sure you include a phone number.