Both the Community Hall and Richards Room are fully open for hire again. You can now book either venue for any type of event or activity.
Nearly all the government COVID-19 restrictions were removed on Monday 19 July. We’ve withdrawn our previous Special Hiring Conditions, in line with this.
Using the NHS Test & Trace app and/or keeping a ‘register’ of attendees (to share with NHS Test & Trace if asked), is no longer legally required. However, you’ll still be legally required to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID-19 or if you’re told to by NHS Test & Trace. If so, you must not enter the Community Hall or Richards Room buildings
There’s no longer any restrictions or requirements on:
- The number of people meeting = no limits on who can meet anywhere indoors; no limits on the type of event or activity.
- Social distancing = no limits on numbers in the Community Hall and Richards Room (aside from normal safety limits).
- Face coverings = masks or face visors are no longer compulsory indoors.
- COVID Secure building requirements = we have removed the special guidance and warning notices; the kitchen areas can be used again.
- Table service at events = normal ‘bar’ service can resume for parties, etc.
Nevertheless, we’ve introduced our Special Hire Guidance – good safe practice for hirers and attendees, whilst the number of COVID-19 cases remains high. Please read it before booking. There are also reminder notices in both buildings, based on the guidance.
In summary then, we’re:
- Keeping hand sanitisers in place for the foreseeable future and we encourage people use them.
- Keeping the NHS Test and Trace building QR-code notices (for the app) in place.
- Advising hirers to:
- consider carefully the numbers of people expected to attend;
- clean touch surfaces before and after a hire session;
- keep a list of attendees, for now.
- Advising hirers and attendees to:
- open windows and doors where possible, to increase ventilation;
- use face coverings when close together and/or in larger gatherings, particularly with people they don’t normally meet;
- sanitise (using the sanitisers provided) and/or wash hands regularly;
You can check our online calendars and make a booking request on our Availability & Booking page.